ELOenterprise - Architecture for more performance
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) encompasses all functions for efficient management and control of the entire company knowledge. This knowledge is in the minds of employees and in the most diverse business data and document formats. ELO ECM solutions are designed so that they assemble the respectively relevant content, business processes and people precisely in terms of efficient processing.
Minimize risk and increase competitiveness
The service-oriented architecture (SOA) of ELOenterprise enables optimal integration of ELO ECM functions in the company-specific business applications. ELO manages the business logic independently of the available application logics. The focus is on the business process. This ensures that the elements of your overall IT structure communicate with each other and can exchange information securely.
Full integration into Microsoft Office
ELO DMS Desktop is available for the integration of the ELO repository into the Microsoft Office world – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel – as well as Lotus Notes. It is available as a free extension of ELOenterprise. The program offers users direct access to their ELO repository in the most popular Office programs. Users can continue working in their familiar environment.
Our partners are by your side
If you are interested in additional benefits offered by ELOenterprise and what additional value ELO can bring your company, simply schedule a presentation with one of our certified ELO Business Partnersat your company.
Your benefits with ELOenterprise
- Highly scalable for efficient management of large data volumes and numbers of users.
- Multi-client enabled. Several clients are served without them being able to view one another’s data or user management.
- Cluster capability for high availability using server environments running in parallel.
- System-independent for compatibility with all operating systems.
- Comprehensive e-mail management. E-mails are processed, archived and managed in coordination with process links and state provisions. They reduce company costs and save resources.
- Quick, seamless and powerful integration in the existing IT landscape with innovative modules such as ELO Business Logic Provider.
Invoices, forms, orders, general letters or e-mails: nowadays companies receive information in widely differing forms. Powerful mechanisms are required for handling, capturing and managing the mass of information.
Let the IT work for you
ELOenterprise offers flexible technology which adapts to the daily requirements of the company’s information management. What used to be laborious manual work is performed quickly and automatically by ELO.
Intelligent information processing
ELO DocXtractor, which specializes in processing large quantities of documents, processes all types of incoming documents (invoices, forms, orders, etc.) fully automatically. It analyses paper documents or digital documents independently and automatically extracts data which is important to the content for the following processes.
It has a wide range of use, thus, for example, the receipt of invoices can be completely automated with downstream posting. Important document data such as position, invoice numbers, etc., is independently extracted from the system. This results in significant savings in time and costs. With the ELO DocXtractor II classification module, for example, the average processing time for an incoming invoice is reduced by around 60-70%.
The ELO DocXtractor Module II is self-learning and not linked to rule-based algorithms. This provides the customer with high flexibility for informational processing.
Well-organized and automated processes are the basis of the growth of any company. ELOenterprise is an ideal basis for connecting systems, automating document and information flows and controlling them precisely according to company requirements. The ELO-own workflow server is a key component for this.
Powerful as standard
The ELO-own workflow already has sophisticated features as standard. The graphical user interface enables easy creation of the most complex business processes. The workflow system therefore also involves the existing systems and their data. Standard interfaces and the provision of predefined portlets enable easy integration of the workflow function.
Map company-wide processes
It is very often the case that external employees must also be involved in a business process. Here, the communication can take place by e-mail or via special portal pages. While with e-mail a workflow task can be presented specifically for checking and release, the web portal approach is more along the lines of collaboration working: Thus tasks can be collected and are then processed together by a team. For a number of company applications such as e-mail or customer relations management, there are already complete connections to ELOenterprise.
The ELO workflow has proxy rules. They ensure that in case of holidays or illness, everything is processed on time and, in the case of invoices, discounts are not lost, for example. Errors and manual interferences can be sustainably avoided thanks to automated business processes. This results in higher quality and process speed.
The amount of unstructured information is growing exponentially by more than 30% per year in this digital age and is found with increasing rarity. Exploit your corporate knowledge with ELO iSearch and lastingly increase productivity.
Greater operational efficiency along the value creation chain
According to current studies, searching for information amounts to 20% of our weekly working time. Valuable knowledge resources therefore lie idle and are not used. ELO iSearch opens a new chapter in the use of your unstructured information. ELO iSearch links people with information along the value creation chain, which the company requires in order to successfully perform its global business and remain lastingly competitive.
Inspire your users
By combining linguistic, semantic and mathematical statistics procedures in ELO, the users are taken to the specifically searched content. The search is easy and intuitive, requiring no training. This increases user acceptance.
Successful discovery as a strategic success factor
- Works independently of whether singular, plural or inflected word forms and concatenated terms are entered. Through the linguistic text analysis, the search returns the hits “book” “books” or “handbook” for the search term “book”. Thus search for the term “insurance agreement” will also shows hits which only contain “insurance” or “agreement”.
- Connected terms are intelligently combined and suggested to the user to limit the search. Through semantic analysis, a search for Salzburg would also suggest hits such as “Mozart”, “festival” or “artistic director”.
- Advanced users can easily expand or limit their search results at any time.
- Professional users can input complex search requests precisely with Boolean operators using the corresponding “AND”, “OR”, “NOT”, and “NEAR” functions. Along with the search for phrases, wildcards (“*” and “?”) can be set before, in or at the end of the search term. In this way, there is no request open to find the searched information.
- “Search as you type”, the “fault-tolerant typing error corrector” and marking of the search results in the document complete the powerful platform.
Integrate business applications
ELO iSearch is not limited to the archive. Other business applications such as commercial applications (ERP), customer management applications (CRM), and e-mail application or the Internet are easily integrated. This offers completely new and never before seen search experiences and results.
Powerful search and research mechanisms of the ELOenterprise repository ensure the availability of knowledge and information. This safeguards the ELOenterprise repository and content server. Data is automatically transferred and, not least, the adherence to all statutory regulations provided is controlled. With its information lifecycle management strategy, ELOenterprise ensures that the company data is available to the user for his work at the lowest possible operating costs.
Ensure legal compliance
The general term "compliance“ describes all legal regulations such as GDPdU, GoBS, Basel II, etc. A system such as ELOenterprise has all of the mechanisms to ensure the legally compliant retention of company data (such as read-only storage of business-related electronic documents, digital signing, logging, etc.).
Meet compliance requirements and create transparency
ELOenterprise provides efficient storage for e-mails and GDPdU-compliant filing of ERP and document data. However, the range of ELO functions also make it possible to view the business data in a transaction-related overall context and to record and store all required information for this.
ELOenterprise forms the back-end for legally compliant retention of documents of all kinds. For this, the system is becoming an increasingly central content and repository service, transferring the distributed data to centralized storage. This is not only an important factor due to compliance requirements, but also the basis for efficient business processing with the aim of having the right information in the right place at the right time.
ELOenterprise provides powerful mechanisms for supporting and improving teamwork, e.g.
- Automatic versioning and logging of changes, so the current processing status of a document can always be seen easily and changes can be easily traced or undone again.
- Check-in/checkout during processing. The function ensures that within a team only one employee works on a document at a time and the changes within the team do not clash.
- Mobility and synchronization of important data on laptops for being on the move. This enables team members to also work on projects offline and then synchronize and update them with the system later.
- The replication of repositories when using servers at distributed locations assures the availability of information throughout the company.
ELOenterprise uses a reminder function for important processes and logs work steps, making later tracking of workflows much easier. ELOenterprise provides the necessary standard equipment for optimal teamwork within your company.
ELO and Microsoft SharePoint server = The best of both worlds
As a front-end, the Microsoft SharePoint server is seamlessly integrated in the ELO solutions and can access the extended ECM functions – e.g., file, scan and workflow. ELO functions as a central repository back-end here.
The major advantage of this combination is that users have access to all relevant data independent of whether their ECM client is via MOSS, MS Outlook, IBM Notes or SAP. Furthermore, they receive a platform independent solution as the ELO ECM Suite functions across different systems.
ELOenterprise is based on SOA, therefore it is possible to put two program functions together like modules on a single base plate as services for any applications.
Central IT platform
Whether Microsoft Office products, CAD applications, ERP systems or various operating systems, ELOenterprise acts as a neutral infrastructure module and specializes in data exchange between the different software products.
Technologically, ELOenterprise is based on international standards and protocols (JSR 168, HTML, XML, etc.), which enable seamless integration in the business world. The ECM suite is developed end-to-end in Java technology and runs on almost all platforms.
Uncouple the business logic from the application logic
Which data is required in which form and where? According to which rules do plausibility controls and processing routines take place? The answers for this lie in the business logic. It is the important feature which first brings a process to life. The application logic circumscribes the technical procedure of exchange between two systems. Without a corresponding basis and intelligent components, programming is always called for at this point.
With the ELO Business Logic Provider (BLP), ELOenterprise provides a component which models the business process logic into business templates via an intelligent adaptation process (customizing).
Unique to BLP:
- The definition of business logic is uncoupled from the actual application logic
- Simplified exchange of information within the various applications such as ERP, financial accounting, ELO, etc.
- The implementation of projects happens much faster and with more transparency