Successfully Optimising Business Processes with ELOprofessional
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems allow companies to electronically archive and manage business documents and information. They provide you with all the functions you need to effectively manage, quickly access, and securely control information across their entire life cycle.
Work faster and more effectively, save costs, and increase security.
An ECM system provides a central knowledge platform that bundles all information (paper-based and digital) and makes it immediately available to all employees on demand.
Successful ECM begins with reliably capturing documents and information. ELOprofessional efficiently processes paper-based and electronic documents.
Scan client included
A powerful scan client integrated in ELO supports all common scanners equipped with a TWAIN interface. Its intuitive wizard allows you to create scan profiles and define processing checks, image optimization routines, etc., with ease. Alternatively, specialized scan clients such as Ascent Capture can also be used. The end result: perfect capture results for reliable downstream processing of data.
Easy barcode-aided processing
Many processes can be streamlined with the help of barcodes, which is why ELOprofessional offers a module called ELO Barcode. ELO autonomously reads the barcodes and allocates the documents to the correct workflow process accordingly. This helps to significantly speed up your business processes.
Reduce costs through automated capture
The ELO DocXtractor II classification module automatically captures, indexes, and distributes structured and unstructured documents (invoices, letters, e-mails, forms, etc.), resulting in major cost savings. The following modules are offered:
- ELO DocXtractor II Invoice for automated invoice processing,
- ELO DocXtractor II FORM for automated form recognition, and
- ELO DocXtractor II MAILROOM for automated inbox processes.
Finding the right information in a company remains a major challenge – on average a user spends about 20% of his daily work time searching for information – this is now a thing of the past. ELO iSearch opens a completely new chapter in information retrieval. Its powerful search engine finds the correct information with ease.
Exploit the Potential
ELO iSearch opens a new chapter in fast and accurate information retrieval. Apart from saving time and money, it also increases staff motivation, because finding information is a lot more fun than tedious searching. This brings a permanent increase in efficiency, without major investment in employee training upfront. As well as assuring enthusiasm and acceptance, ELO iSearch is an essential factor in increasing long-term productivity and safeguarding competitiveness.
Important functions at a glance
- AutoComplete: As you enter a search term, ELO iSearch starts suggesting possible matching terms.
- Typing error corrector: “Did you mean...?” For example, if you make a typing error while entering a search term and type “policiy” instead of “policy”, ELO iSearch immediately asks if you meant “policy.”
- Boolean search functionality: With ELO iSearch you can link several terms with the usual operators, such as AND, OR, and NOT, simply and intuitively with the click of a mouse.
- Synonym thesaurus: Searches for similar terms.
- Linguistic search: ELO iSearch breaks the terms down into their basic forms. The search returns the hits “book,” “books” or “handbook” for the search term “book.”
- SimFinder: Finds documents with similar content.
- Semantic search: Searches for documents with related content. If, for example, the user enters the search term “Salzburg,” the result list also includes suggestions such as “Mozart,” “festival” or “artistic director.” These terms are not added by the user, but are extrapolated from the content.
- Thesaurus port: The thesaurus port is an extension of the synonym thesaurus. With it there is the possibility to integrate custom thesauruses, e.g. internal lists of company abbreviations.
- OntologyNet: This searches for terms which have related content. For example, when searching for “summer“, the results will include such items as “barbecue“ or “picnic.“
- KnowledgeMaps: The search as a voyage of discovery. Instead of specifically searching for something, one can browse through their company‘s information according to preset filter criteria.
Finding information quickly and easily
Employees are in a position to access specific information from a variety of applications, including ELO, commercial applications (ERP), customer applications (CRM) and e-mail systems. This produces top-quality results, and the search results can be expanded or restricted at the click of a mouse. Consequently, no training effort is needed.
Many processes and operations in companies don't start out in the form of documents. Digitally controlling such processes, such as vacation requests, purchase requisitions or invoice verification save the company a large amount of time and support efficient and transparent work. For this reason, ELO has expanded its existing workflow functionality with powerful form-based workflows.
Simple vacation requests
Since you have an important private appointment, you need to apply for two days off on short notice. Simply open the ELO vacation form; your name is already entered. You see immediately how many vacation days remain and how much overtime you have. ELO automatically extracts this information from the human resources database using corresponding rules and ELO Automation Services. You can conveniently select your vacation period via the selection window in the form. The days are immediately deducted from your remaining vacation while taking weekends and holidays into account. Your substitute during this vacation is also already entered.
Finally, you press send, the workflow starts and the form lands among the tasks of your superior. The superior opens the form and can now only select the status "approved" or "denied" and a comment. Depending on the decision, you then automatically receive an e-mail, indicating whether your vacation request has been accepted or rejected.
Easily creating your own forms
This fast, simple and transparent process, of course, also works with other activities such as purchase requisition or checking invoices. With the ELO form editor, you easily build your own form and add a workflow to it. It is equally easy to create keyword lists or partial forms, which will be displayed at corresponding workflow nodes. The workflow editor is based on HTML forms that can be conveniently adjusted via drop-down lists in the ELO Editor. With it, form-based workflows integrate quickly and seamlessly with your processes and applications.
Purchase requisitions made easy
Purchase requisition, for example, can be a process that takes place in the ERP system but often includes precursor processes outside of the ERP application. Form-based workflows can depict such scenarios very well and they transfer the information to a business application. Important details, such as cost centers or price lists are then directly procured from the ERP system and do not have to be maintained redundantly. For very complex workflows, the user always maintains a detailed overview of the individual workflow nodes or the entire process.
Adhering to legal requirements
All workflows can be converted to PDFs and can be used for optimal process documentation and therefore represent an important and valuable contribution for adhering to legal requirements.
Fast and efficient business processes are prerequisites for ensuring success in the market over the long term. Even the basic version of ELOprofessional includes a powerful workflow server. With the help of the integrated graphic designer, even the most complex company sequences and matrix organizations can be easily reproduced and controlled. The workflow engine integrates assigned personnel into the procedure and controls the business event in a results-oriented manner. Using the ELO workflow system, all existing business applications (such as ERP, CRM, e-mail, etc.) including their data can be included, controlled and regulated.
Many company workflows and processes generally have nothing to do with documents at first. Electronic control of processes such as holiday requests, purchase requisitions or invoice verification save the company a great deal of time and enable work to be efficient and transparent. With ELO form-based workflows it is possible to generate leave requests, employees can immediately view how many unused days of leave they have and the remaining amount of overtime. ELO retrieves this information automatically from the personal database using corresponding rules and ELO Automation Services.
Your own form - simple to create
With the ELO form editor, you can create your own form with minimal effort and set up a workflow for it. It is then easy to create lists of keywords or subsets which are displayed according to the workflow nodes. The workflow editor is based on HTML forms, which can easily be customized with ELO Editor using selection lists. The form-based workflow is thus quickly and seamlessly integrated into your processes and applications.
Better monitoring of your business processes
Work processes are often too complex to track. ELO workflow monitoring is the remedy for this. This tool provides a comprehensive overview in graphic form of not only the current status of processing but also the process steps taken previously. Thanks to customizable filter and sorting functions, the user no longer loses track if a multitude of competing business processes are being handled at the same time. Companies benefit with high process quality and speed as well as greater customer and employee satisfaction in the long term.
Customized (re)actions with ad hoc workflows
ELO’s ad hoc workflows offer even greater flexibility and dynamics. With this, the user can react spontaneously to every challenge arising during the course of business. For example, the user can specify a new operating procedure for event management with a click of the mouse. ELO then automatically generates the desired workflow.
- Graphic designer for defined standard workflows
- Management of different workflow models and version levels
- Delegation of tasks within a standard workflow
- Visual monitoring of workflow processes
- Management of ongoing and completed workflows
- Transparent logging of the entire workflow process
- Multi-stage escalation management for failures to meet deadlines
Your company data is securely held in ELOprofessional. This is taken care of by the powerful repository server. This protects documents from manipulation or viewing by unauthorized persons with the help of internal mechanisms. ELO repository servers now manage repositorysizes in their terabytes around the world with maximum efficiency and security.
Sensitive data requires security
Selected documents and repository sectors can be secured with the help of 128-bit encrypted data transfer, over the Internet and via extensive authorization functions. This ensures high protection against unauthorized access. Various backup concepts are supported.
Protected in the long term
There is also the option of connecting long-term memories such as jukeboxes, tape robots or EMC Centera. With ELOprofessional, server processes can be distributed to several hardware platforms.
Worldwide availability of information
The ELO Replication module makes it possible for the ELO repository servers to replicate data between themselves around the world. The ELO Notebook client enables flexible access to the ECM functions on a laptop.
Compliance – A perspective in the legal jungle
A number of rule sets and guidelines set out the principles for more transparency and control of corporate governance and monitoring. They are the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the principles of data access and verification of digital documents (GDPdU), the Control and Transparency in Business Act (KonTraG) or EuroSOX and the 8th European Company Law Directive, which demands stricter adherence to compliance specifications.
By using ELOprofessional, companies can fulfill these new requirements and safely implement compliance. This also contains the signature solution available as standard from ELOprofessional. The signature solution is required in particular for electronic accounting where a tax deduction is possible.
ELOprofessional is designed to map and control the entire life cycle of a document or piece of information. This is why seamless communication with all business applications used in the company is a key prerequisite.
ELOprofessional can be seamlessly integrated into a broad range of third-party applications, including CAD-, ERP-, or e-mail-systems. Seamless interoperability between Microsoft (MS) Office products and ELO is a standard feature. ELO deeply integrates with MS Office, offering a powerful ELO Outlook client as well as add-ins for the remaining MS Office applications; these provide users with centralized access to all key DMS functions from within the MS Office application of choice. The ECM system represents the central content and archiving platform. Owing to seamless integration of the entire IT infrastructure on the ECM platform, information is provided across the company precisely where it is needed.
E-Mail Archiving and Management
Built to answer any customer need, ELO supports two e-mail archiving strategies: client-based and server-based e-mail archiving. Efficient search options allow users to access archived documents directly from the e-mail system.
Fast and Seamless ERP Integration
ELOprofessional is built around a service-oriented architecture (SOA), making seamless communication with other business applications essential. This is where the ELO Business Logic Provider comes into play. The product facilitates simple, quick, and seamless interconnectivity of ELOprofessional with ERP applications such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) and Microsoft Dynamics AX (Axapta) or those of other providers, including Infor.COM, Sage KHK, ParityERP, Hamburger Software, Kopas Küchenhandels-Software and many more. This enables the efficient, cross-departmental or cross-company mapping of business process chains.
Benefits of ELO Enterprise Content Management
- The transfer (information capture) of documents and information into the electronic ELO repository provides the basis for central and fast access to information.
- ELO can convert a broad range of industry-specific documents (contracts, e-mails, invoices, etc.) into an electronic record. Business cases are transparent and easy to track.
- E-mail archiving ensures that your e-mails and their attachments are linked to existing business processes and are stored according to legal compliance provisions.
- Electronic workflows control corporate processes across department boundaries and help guarantee the timely and reliable processing of business cases.
- The change history of every document is documented and managed in ELO. This provides a secure and well-structured environment that greatly facilitates teamwork.
- A DMS repository is ideally suited for storing all business-relevant information in a legally compliant manner.
- ELO can be flexibly integrated into various business applications, such as ERP, CRM, CAD, and e-mail systems or into Microsoft Office products, resulting in a central information platform.
- For more detailed information and product highlights, please refer to the ELOprofessional brochure or simply contact your nearest ELO business partner.